Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Travel companies adapt Facebook’s changing algorithm: What Facebook’s Declining Reach and ‘Like’ Fraud Mean for Advertisers
- The unintentional side effect of social travel updates: Poachers Use Tourists’ Geotagged Safari Photos to Find Endangered Animals
- Hotels use mobile to create new touch points with guests: La Quinta Hotels Will Now Text Guests When Rooms Are Ready
- Metasearch sites are a necessary asset for online travel agencies today: What Kayak Means to Priceline on First Anniversary of $1.8 Billion Acquisition
- Mobile outpaces other industries in mobile and e-commerce: Mobile Travel Booking Outpacing Other Purchases on Phones and Tablets
- Business traveler tools become more sophisticated: The Business Trip of the Future Will Be Personalized Says Concur CEO