Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends.
- 90% of Americans use their mobile phones while on vacation: U.S. Travelers Are Using Their Mobile Phones A Lot More Than We Think
- Cruise lines hope Wi-Fi is the way into millennial’s hearts: Royal Caribbean Tries to Lure Millennials Onboard with Faster Wi-FI
- In-flight Wi-Fi is more popular when it’s free: Nearly 80% of Passengers Use Free Wi-Fi on JetBlue’s Long-Haul Flights
- Building an addictive app is the fastest way to gain followers: Mobile-Addicted Public Opens Apps Between 10 and 60 Times a Day
- Digital marketing delivers higher returns than traditional media: What Travel Marketers Can Learn From New Orleans’ Move to Digital Marketing
- Wearables are the next frontier in mobile travel apps: Smartwatches Add Airline Boarding Passes and Hotel Search