Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top tourism trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Destinations tap TV series’ popularity for a tourism push: Tourism Ireland Makes Deal With HBO to Bring ‘Game of Thrones’ to Life
- Chinese travelers drive tourism growth more than any other nationality: Chinese Travelers to Drive Global Tourism Growth During Next Decade
- Small cities use social media to amplify their marketing reach: Small U.S. Towns Turn to Social Media to Help Drive Tourism
- Newly opened countries are getting inundated with tourists: Tourists to Myanmar to More than Double in Two Years
- Drone videos are the new trend in tourism marketing: A New Weapon Emerges in Travel Marketing: Drone Videos
- A warming earth at risk of ruining coastal tourism: How Climate Change Is Threatening Coastal Tourism and Recreation
Subscribe to Skift Pro
Subscribe to Skift Pro to get unlimited access to stories like these ($30/month)Subscribe Now
Photo Credit: A tourist paraglides over Pololu Valley in Hawaii. Greg / Flickr
Calling Travel’s Future Without Fear Then and Now on Skift’s 9th Anniversary
When we officially launched Skift on July 30, 2012, we couldn't have envisioned the insanity and tragedy of 2020 and 2021. But we got through it as a company, and much of the global travel industry, licking its wounds, has likewise proved to be as adaptable as the circumstances demand.
Dennis Schaal, Skift | 2 months ago
Renewed Family Travel Tests Flexibility of Travel Businesses
With several weeks of summer still left, having a family vacation is still a possibility. But parents traveling with kids are getting smarter about how they're spending their money. If the industry wants to attract this billion dollar sector, appealing to their kids is the smart way to go.
Ruthy Muñoz, Skift | 2 months ago
Media and PR
5 Ways Travel Brands Can Inspire Discovery and Capture Demand Now
Consumer behavior is likely to remain in flux post-pandemic, so travel brands must adapt their advertising strategies to prepare for an unprecedented purchase journey and connect with travelers in new ways.
Facebook + Skift | 3 months ago