Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top tourism trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Destinations tap TV series’ popularity for a tourism push: Tourism Ireland Makes Deal With HBO to Bring ‘Game of Thrones’ to Life
- Chinese travelers drive tourism growth more than any other nationality: Chinese Travelers to Drive Global Tourism Growth During Next Decade
- Small cities use social media to amplify their marketing reach: Small U.S. Towns Turn to Social Media to Help Drive Tourism
- Newly opened countries are getting inundated with tourists: Tourists to Myanmar to More than Double in Two Years
- Drone videos are the new trend in tourism marketing: A New Weapon Emerges in Travel Marketing: Drone Videos
- A warming earth at risk of ruining coastal tourism: How Climate Change Is Threatening Coastal Tourism and Recreation