Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Mobile is changing users’ expectations for transaction simplicity: Expedia Homepage Redesign Emphasizes Simplicity and the Mobile Revolution
- Digital brands team up to attract frequent flyers: Gogo Teams with Samsung in Free Wi-Fi Promotion for a Year
- Brands get smarter about creating engaging content online: Marriott International Wants to Turn Employees Into Content Creators
- Mobile apps are becoming big business for airlines: Delta CEO: Tens of Millions of Dollars in Revenue Coming From Our Mobile Apps
- Destinations create apps to talk to travelers before and after trips: VisitBritain Builds Bollywood App For Indian Visitors, For Navigating British Film Spots
Have a confidential tip for Skift? Get in touch
Photo credit: Gogo is offering a years' worth of free Wi-Fi with the purchase of certain Samsung tablets. Pictured, community members try out the Gogo inflight wireless on the SXSW Challenger 600.