Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top tourism trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Visa-free entry is the fastest path to increased tourism: The World’s Least Restrictive Countries for Inbound Visitors
- Neighborhoods are cities’ hottest marketing item today: Miami Taps Locals for New Neighborhood-Focused Ad Campaign
- Destinations where tourism is the only economy that matters: Countries Where Tourist Visits Outpace the Local Population
- Contests help break down the barriers of faraway destinations: New Tourism Australia Campaign Tells Americans Why Any Time Is a Good Time to Visit
- Destinations create apps to engage with tourists before, during visits: VisitBritain Builds Bollywood App For Indian Visitors, For Navigating British Film Spots
- Geopolitics impacts tourism worldwide: Ban on First-Time Tourist Visas in Venezuela Expected to Hurt Florida Tourism