Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top hospitality trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Hotels invest heavily in next-gen guest experiences: Starwood CEO Says Digital Efforts Will Lead to ’24/7 Dialog In and Out-of-Stay’
- Hotels rely on mobile to innovate the guest experience: Marriott’s Loyalty Members Can Now Check Out Via Smartphone at All U.S. Hotels
- Traditional hotel brands change to cater to modern guests: Ritz-Carlton Tries to Target Next Gen Travelers Without Breaking Tradition
- Hotels introduce new initiatives to cater to Chinese travelers: U.S. Hotels and Destinations Work to Make Themselves ‘China Ready’
- Sharing economy celebrates a small win in fight for legitimacy: Amsterdam Legitimizes Airbnb with New Short-Term Rental Rules