Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Finding free Wi-Fi is a top priority for travelers: TripAdvisor Apps Now Provide Wi-Fi Information For Cities and Airports
- Travel companies tap into Olympic buzz for marketing campaigns: United Airlines’ New Ad Stars 12 Athletes from Team USA
- Travel companies tap into Olympic buzz for marketing campaigns: Carnival Cruises Not Sponsoring Olympics But Still Using the Games to Inspire Ad
- Cruise lines improve guest experience with onboard innovations: Royal Caribbean Gives Interior Cabins an Ocean View with Virtual Balconies
- Gogo might be handling in-flight Wi-Fi for too many airlines: Gogo’s Grip on In-Flight Wi-Fi Is So Big It Could Be Unlawful, Judge Rules
- Travel brands take on real-time second-screen marketing: Reliving the Super Bowl Through Priceline’s Low-Budget Twitter Ads