Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top aviation trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- U.S. airline consolidation hurts smaller airports: Small Southern California Airports Lose Flyers to Airline Consolidation
- There are too few qualified pilots to fill U.S. job openings: Pilots Union Says There Wouldn’t Be a Pilot Shortage if Pay Was Higher
- U.S. airports are becoming a public embarrassment: VP Joe Biden Calls U.S. Transport Infrastructure ‘Embarrassing’ and ‘Stupid’
- Global air travel demand grew at steady rate in 2013: Air Travel Grows at Steady Pace in 2013
- Load factors on U.S. domestic flights beat industry average: U.S. Domestic Flights Are The Most Packed on the Planet
- Lie-flat seats now considered standard in business class: Air France Finally Catches Up to Competitors With Lie-Flat Seats in Business Class