Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Instagram attracts travel advertisers: Starwood Is the First Travel Brand to Advertise on Instagram
- Destinations use interactive websites to engage potential visitors: Brazil’s New Tourism Site Teaches Tourists About Local Culture
- U.S. government overlooks the #1 one source of travel-related complaints: U.S. DOT Doesn’t Track Complaints Posted on Social Media
- Travel tools integrate new translation services: VerbalizeIt Partners With Itinerary App For Translation Services
- Bitcoin makes headway in the hospitality industry: These Vegas Casinos Are Now Accepting Bitcoin
Have a confidential tip for Skift? Get in touch
Photo credit: SPG's page on Instagram for the web. Starwood Preferred Guest / Instagram