Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top tourism trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Social media drives evolution of destination marketing: Visit Philly Focuses on Shareable Photos with Brand Campaign Refresh
- The rise of destination marketing through film: How Iceland and Greenland Got Starring Roles in Ben Stiller’s ‘Walter Mitty’
- Chinese travelers drive destination arrivals to new highs: Los Angeles Reaches Visitor Milestone for the Third Year in a Row
- Destinations tweak marketing message for Chinese travelers: New Orleans Sets Its Sights on Chinese and Brazilian Visitors in 2014
- Food tourism encourages new culinary concepts: Anthony Bourdain Is Opening His Dream Food Market in New York City
Released This Week: Skift Report: 14 Global Trends That Will Define Travel in 2014
Subscribe to Skift Pro
Subscribe to Skift Pro to get unlimited access to stories like these ($30/month)Subscribe Now
Photo Credit: In this photo provided China's official Xinhnua News Agency, the first group of passengers aboard the trapped Russian ship MV Akademik Shokalskiy arrive at a safe surface off the Antarctic Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014. Jessica Fitzpatrick / Associated Press/Australasian Antarctic Expedition
Calling Travel’s Future Without Fear Then and Now on Skift’s 9th Anniversary
When we officially launched Skift on July 30, 2012, we couldn't have envisioned the insanity and tragedy of 2020 and 2021. But we got through it as a company, and much of the global travel industry, licking its wounds, has likewise proved to be as adaptable as the circumstances demand.
Dennis Schaal, Skift | 2 months ago
Renewed Family Travel Tests Flexibility of Travel Businesses
With several weeks of summer still left, having a family vacation is still a possibility. But parents traveling with kids are getting smarter about how they're spending their money. If the industry wants to attract this billion dollar sector, appealing to their kids is the smart way to go.
Ruthy Muñoz, Skift | 2 months ago
Media and PR
5 Ways Travel Brands Can Inspire Discovery and Capture Demand Now
Consumer behavior is likely to remain in flux post-pandemic, so travel brands must adapt their advertising strategies to prepare for an unprecedented purchase journey and connect with travelers in new ways.
Facebook + Skift | 3 months ago