Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Airlines ease in-flight device usage: Lufthansa to Allow Gate-to-Gate Device Usage Starting January 1
- Web beats guidebooks for experienced travel planners: The Guidebook Versus Website Travel Planning Debate Comes Down to Experience
- Wi-Fi becoming standard amenity on long-distance public transit: Amtrak to Soon Offer Free Wi-Fi on Routes out of Chicago
- Social media being used to document travel chaos: Travelers Dealing with Flight Delays Instagram The Chaos
- In-flight phone call debate continues: Flyers Consider Phone Booths on Planes As a Smartphone Solution
- Tablets make customer service easier for airlines: Airlines Can Turn to Tablets to Speed Up Lines During Holiday Travel
- Aviation tech appeals to the masses with Santa tracking sites: The High-Tech Aviation Tools Tracking Santa’s Sleigh on Christmas Eve
- How hotel technology evolved over one year: 5 Trends That Changed Hotel Technology in 2013
- Charging for Wi-Fi is no longer acceptable at high-end hotels: 2014 Needs to Be the Year of Free In-Room Hotel Wi-Fi
- Mobile, social, and local trends are here to stay, for now: 14 Digital Trends That Will Drive Hotel Marketing Strategies in 2014
Subscribe to Skift Pro
Subscribe to Skift Pro to get unlimited access to stories like these ($30/month)Subscribe Now
Photo Credit: An old Internet cable bag at a hotel in Sacramento, California. Marcin Wichary / Flickr
Calling Travel’s Future Without Fear Then and Now on Skift’s 9th Anniversary
When we officially launched Skift on July 30, 2012, we couldn't have envisioned the insanity and tragedy of 2020 and 2021. But we got through it as a company, and much of the global travel industry, licking its wounds, has likewise proved to be as adaptable as the circumstances demand.
Dennis Schaal, Skift | 2 months ago
Renewed Family Travel Tests Flexibility of Travel Businesses
With several weeks of summer still left, having a family vacation is still a possibility. But parents traveling with kids are getting smarter about how they're spending their money. If the industry wants to attract this billion dollar sector, appealing to their kids is the smart way to go.
Ruthy Muñoz, Skift | 2 months ago
Media and PR
5 Ways Travel Brands Can Inspire Discovery and Capture Demand Now
Consumer behavior is likely to remain in flux post-pandemic, so travel brands must adapt their advertising strategies to prepare for an unprecedented purchase journey and connect with travelers in new ways.
Facebook + Skift | 3 months ago