First Free Story (1 of 3)Join Skift Pro
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top tourism trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Rise of destination marketing through film and TV: The Ascendance of Movies and TV in Tourism Marketing
- Rise of destination marketing through film and TV: How Albuquerque Tourism Learned to Love ‘Breaking Bad’
- Rise of destination marketing through film and TV: Northern Ireland Builds Tourism Campaign Around ‘Game of Thrones’ Set
- Well-visited destinations enjoy the most social media buzz: Japan and California Top Tumblr’s List of the Most Reblogged Places of 2013
- Visa rules continue to relax worldwide: European Union May Soon Lift Visa Requirements for Turkish Travelers
- The fastest growing travel destinations worldwide: The Top Emerging Global Destinations Travelers Are Actually Going To