Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
Earlier this month the Jamaican tourist board unveiled a new brand identity, ditching its previous slogan, “Jamaica – Once you go, you know”, and replacing it with the far more succinct, albeit grammatically obtuse, “Jamaica – Get All Right”. The new slogan is currently being launched around the world; last week the tourist board rolled the world’s largest stress ball into New York’s Times Square and on Tuesday a twitter campaign ran to the tune of #getallright.
The Korean tourist board is also planning to replace its current slogan, but – in a move possibly designed to avoid having to take too much responsibility should it fail – it ran a public competition for ideas. Those who entered were hopefully inspired by Korea’s current slogan: “Be Inspired”. The competition has now closed but the new tagline will be unveiled in February 2014. In the meantime, here’s a round-up of some past and present travel slogans you may find emblazoned on posters, websites and brochures around the world.
- Fiji Me
- Latvia – Best enjoyed slowly
- I feel SLOVEnia
- Naturally Nepal – Once is not enough
- New Zealand’s Hutt Valley – Right Up My Hutt Valley
- Israel – Size doesn’t matter
- Indonesia – Admit It You Love It
- Lithuania – See It! Feel It! Love It!
- Anguilla – Feeling is Believing
- Paraguay – You have to feel it
- Greece – You in Greece
- Grenada – Live the Rhythms of Spice
- Slovakia – Little big country
- South Africa – Inspiring new ways
- Uruguay Natural
- Serbia – Life in the Rhythm of the Heartbeat
- Panama – It stays in you
- Colombia – The only risk is wanting to stay
- Morocco – The country that travels within you
- There’s nothing like Australia
- Incredible !ndia
- Brazil Sensational!
- Smile! You are in Spain!
- Jump into Ireland
- Visit Bangladesh before tourists come
- Dumfries and Galloway – A touch of the exotic
- Montenegro – Wild Beauty
- The Kingdom of Swaziland – A Royal Experience
- Egypt – Where it all begins
Clean and simple
- Germany – The travel destination
- Go to Hungary
- Definitely Dubai
- 1 Malaysia
- Fargo, North Dakota – Always Warm