Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top tourism trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Sports tourism is growing across the U.S.: Marathons Are Becoming a Guaranteed Tourist Attraction Across the U.S.
- Global warming threatens destinations’ greatest attractions: Peru Makes the Best of Shrinking Glacier by Launching Climate Change Tours
- Dubai continues to develop its tourism industry: Dubai Anticipates Cruise Passenger Boom with New Ports in Production
- Film tourism still a driving factor in destination choice: New Hunger Games Movie Drives Visitors to Film Locations in Atlanta
- Destinations that legalize gay marriage see wedding tourism boom: Hawaii’s New Gay Marriage Law Expected to Boost Tourism by 217M
- Chinese tourists encounter visa hassles like everyone else: Chinese Tourists Are World’s Top Spenders But Still Visa Hassles
- Destination marketers get creative with ambient marketing: Orange Juice Cartons Are New Venue for Marketing Florida Tourism
- Going green is an attraction in and of itself: New York State Tourism Goes Eco-Friendly with Online Travel Guides