The 2013 Inc. Hire Power Award list unveiled in the November issue of Inc. Magazine recognizes private, U.S.-based businesses that have generated the most jobs from January 1, 2012, to June 30, 2013. Seven travel companies made the list of 100 firms. A boutique hotel builder, a hospitality tracking system, and five travel management services companies created 465 jobs in the past 18 months
The companies must have been founded by 2011 and employed at least 10 full-time U.S.-based employees as of December 2012.
Award categories include the most jobs created in the U.S., most jobs created by state, most jobs created by industry, highest employee growth percentage, and highest employee growth by revenue category.
The 7 top job creators in the travel and hospitality industry are outlined below:
|Rank||Company Name||Jobs Created||Employees||Revenue Range ($ million)||City||State|
|1||21c Museum Hotels||215||331||$5 – $10||Louisville||KY|
|2||Frosch International Travel||96||494||$500 – $1 billion||Houston||TX|
|3||Regal Wings||49||73||$20 – $50||Brooklyn||NY|
|4||Atlas Travel||34||168||$100 – $500||Milford||MA|
|5||UniFocus||25||96||$10 – $20||Carrollton||TX|
|6||Fox World Travel||24||168||$100 – $500||Oshkosh||WI|
|7||Ovation Travel Group||22||520||$50 – $100||New York||NY|
For more details on the job-creating travel companies, see below:
- 21c Museum Hotels converts vacant buildings into boutique hotels with restaurants and art museums.
- Frosh provides full-service travel management services for the leisure, corporate and meeting/event markets.
- Regal Wings provides luxury and corporate travel services provider for organizations such as Rolex, Berkshire Hathaway, and Maroon 5.
- Atlas Travel is a global travel management company offering corporate travel management, vacation planning, and meeting services.
- UniFocus provides hosted applications that help hotels, resorts, casinos, and restaurants with budgeting, revenue, labor, and time and attendance management. It also offers guest and employee perception survey systems and mystery shopping services.
- Fox World Travel is travel management company with divisions in corporate travel, meetings and incentives, retail vacation, and an online travel school.
- Ovation Travel Group manages travel services for businesses, mainly law offices and financial institutions.