Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends. We’re now highlighting the posts that tackle these global trends pointing towards the future of travel. This one looks at top digital travel trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Habits of modern digital travelers: The Habits of Modern Digital Travelers and How To Reach Them
- Competition rises among last-minute hotel booking apps: Tonight-Only Hotel App Arena Heats Up as One Spanish Rival Acquires Another
- Groupon gets deeper into the travel game: Groupon Continues Travel Buying Spree With Purchase of Tours Startup SideTour
- Mobile user experience improves: The New Design of Travel Apps in Apple’s iOS 7 Mobile Operating System
- Mobile user experience improves: How Kayak Has Transformed Its Mobile App Usability Since 2009
- Travel companies consider going public: Twitter’s IPO May Open Gates for Airbnb, Uber and Others
Subscribe to Skift Pro
Subscribe to Skift Pro to get unlimited access to stories like these ($30/month)Subscribe Now
Photo Credit: The glow of a laptop stands out in paradise. Giorgio Montersino / Flickr
Calling Travel’s Future Without Fear Then and Now on Skift’s 9th Anniversary
When we officially launched Skift on July 30, 2012, we couldn't have envisioned the insanity and tragedy of 2020 and 2021. But we got through it as a company, and much of the global travel industry, licking its wounds, has likewise proved to be as adaptable as the circumstances demand.
Dennis Schaal, Skift | 2 months ago
Renewed Family Travel Tests Flexibility of Travel Businesses
With several weeks of summer still left, having a family vacation is still a possibility. But parents traveling with kids are getting smarter about how they're spending their money. If the industry wants to attract this billion dollar sector, appealing to their kids is the smart way to go.
Ruthy Muñoz, Skift | 2 months ago
Media and PR
5 Ways Travel Brands Can Inspire Discovery and Capture Demand Now
Consumer behavior is likely to remain in flux post-pandemic, so travel brands must adapt their advertising strategies to prepare for an unprecedented purchase journey and connect with travelers in new ways.
Facebook + Skift | 3 months ago