Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends. We’re now highlighting the posts that tackle these global trends pointing towards the future of travel. This one looks at top global aviation trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Airlines don’t want your baggage: British Airways Goes No-Frills With Discounts if No Checked Bags
- Airports expand food options: Stockholm Airport Uses a Food Truck for Hands-On Restaurant Marketing
- Airlines introduce new fees: Southwest Knows How to Make Flyers Pay More Despite Bags-Fly-Free Mantra
- Airline introduce new fees: Southwest Passengers Who Are No-Shows Will Now Be Penalized
- TSA gets creative in order to speed lines: TSA to Begin Pre-Screening Flyers at Time of Ticket Purchase
- The Bad News is Good News: Reports of Close Calls Between U.S. Aircraft More Than Doubled in 2012, but Maybe Just Because Tracking Improved
- Help Wanted: Regional Airline Goes on Hiring Binge: 350 Pilots and 300 Flight Attendants