Support Skift’s Independent JournalismMake a Contribution Now
These are real lines from startup profiles on AngelList, all of them travel startups listed this year:
- Airbnb for Boats
- Uber for Buses
- HotelTonight for Live Events
- TripAdvisor for Travel … (really!)
- Yelp for Venues
- Amalgamation of Facebook, LinkedIn, Quora & Yelp.
The cliched descriptors, this year (or could be any year over the last decade):
- We think that no one really found the recipe to help people have a good experience researching, creating and organizing your own travel itinerary.
- Disruptive social site revolving around travel…Allows users to plan, socialize, save and book travel.
- We’re all about boutique hotels, and so our goal is to simply showcase some of the most incredible boutique properties out there.
- The easiest most beautiful way to share your trips
- Our mission is to create a easy and fun way to book your trips.
- A social platform that allows users to easily keep track of places they want to try, and share their favorites with friends.
- Share your trips and discover amazing trips that your friends are taking, then plan your dream trips for the future all in one place.
- A community for reviewing your travelling experiences and finding new travel destinations.
- A start-up that uses big data and semantic technology to provide a better travel planning experience to customers.
- Lets you create a free travel blog that allows you to focus first and foremost about documenting the experience you had.
- Our goal is to help travelers to discover the most amazing places on earth, the most incredible activities and experiences and, above all, to meet the most interesting people of our planet.
- A social travel smartphone application that allows users to connect with likeminded people and find out places of interest around them.
- Premier search destination for travelers seeking unique and custom travel packages.
- Discover people flying in the same flight.
- A platform that connects you with locals everywhere you travel.
- From boutique hotels to city breaks we’ll be securing huge savings for our members.
- The world’s first trip planning application to help users effortlessly create, share and book itineraries online.
- Solves this problem by harnessing the social engagement of Facebook and channeling that energy towards group experience purchases.
- Think TripAdvisor for trip itineraries.
- An easy and tiny tool to save, organize and remember interesting places you don’t have time to visit now but may want to return to in the future.
- Keep a travel journal, without writing one.
- We connect consumers with last minute room deals that enables the hotel to maximize occupancy.
- We’re about that certain kind of special place that you remember; quirky, off the beaten track places with charm.
- We believe there is something unique about every corner of our planet and only local experts can guide a visitor through their corner of the world.
- The global travel platform that enables travelers to enjoy amazing private tours passionately crafted by handpicked local tour guides.
- A travel meta search engine.
- An application for travelers, explorers, and those driven to have unique experiences where ever they go.
- Gives you a new way to share travel videos and to tell stories about your adventures using a map to locate them.