First Free Story (1 of 3)Join Skift Pro
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends. We’re now highlighting the posts that tackle these global trends pointing towards the future of travel. This one looks at top tourism and marketing trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Tourism in a recession: French Tourism Economy Suffers as Sunday Continues to be Off Day
- Tourism in a recession: International Tourists to Greek Resorts Boost Still-Weak Economy
- Tourism in a recession: Business Travel Spending Grows As U.S. Economy Heals
- Destination branding: 2013’s Worst Idea in Travel: India’s “I Respect Women” Badges
- Destination branding: Myanmar launches its first-ever nation branding campaign
- Destination marketing: Romania Schemes Tourism Revival Centered Around Dracula’s Hometown
- Destination marketing: Mets and Yankees Players Star in New York State’s New Tourism Ads
- Capturing destinations online: National Park Pairs Live Video Feed With Brown Bears to Reach Distant Fans
- Capturing destinations online: Venice is Finally Captured — by Foot — on Google Street View
- Tourism development: Singapore Tourist Attractions Reinvent Themselves Amidst Changing Landscape
- Tourism development: Singapore as the New Agritourism Destination?
- Tourism budgets: The Haves and Have Nots of U.S. State Tourism Budgets
- Tourism budgets: Should city hotel taxes be used for anything other than promoting tourism?
- Tourism taxes: South Korea to Refund Tourism Taxes in Bid to Bolster Visits
- Globalization: InterContinental Wonders Aloud: Is Local Culture at Risk in a Globalized World?
- Tourism and animals: Shark Attacks in Cape Cod Have the Tourism Industry Worried
- Strange food-related attractions: Road-Tripping Tourists Love House-Sized Strawberries and 38-Foot Milkshakes
- Strange food-related attractions: South Dakota Thinks $7 Million Upgrade Will Attract Tourists to Its Corn Palace