First Free Story (1 of 3)Join Skift Pro
Editor’s note: We’ve recently started a new daily roundup of news affecting outbound business, for countries trying to attract Chinese travelers. Follow all news from ChinaOB Daily, here.
- Chinese tourists fastest growing international market for Florida [PDF]: That’s according to the new 2013-14 marketing plan from VisitFlorida. The sharpest increase in both spend and volume came from China, it said. The chart below show various emerging markets for Florida:
- Cambodia unveils strategy to attract Chinese tourists: Cambodia’s Ministry of Tourism finalized its 5-year strategic plan to attract at least 1.3 million Chinese visitors by 2018…The country greeted 333,890 Chinese visitors in 2012, up 35 percent year-on-year, and during the first four months of this year, some 174,150 Chinese visited Cambodia, up 55 percent.
- LA’s Grauman’s Chinese Theatre get a Chinese sponsor: And the newly renamed TCL Chinese Theatre is now pursuing to draw more visitors — both American and Chinese — to the iconic movie palace…the company is using its branding of the theater to connect with Chinese consumers…planning a new promotion aimed at U.S.-bound Chinese tourists that centers on the theater.
- Israel eases Chinese visa procedures to attract tourists: The Embassy of Israel in Beijing has announced several amendments to its visa procedure in order to ease the process and attract more Chinese visitors to Israel. The amendments include the option of issuing an independent tourist visa, without the help of a local travel agency.
- German tourism board launches its Chinese language app: German National Tourism Board together with Baidu Travel launched its Chinese version app “Set off for Germany” free for tourists to download…11 destinations in Germany with emphasises on Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt and Cologne.