How Singapore is Building the City of the Future Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top tourism trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Travelers wise up to tour operators inhumane animal treatment: STA Travel Stops Animal Tours Pending Further Review
- Political unrest causes visitor numbers to plummet: Thailand’s Hopes for Improved Tourism Dim as Political Unrest Grows
- Political unrest causes visitor numbers to plummet: Tourism Numbers to Egypt Fall Again as Political Turmoil Continues
- Political unrest causes visitor numbers to plummet: U.S. Tours To Russia Fall Big Time After Ukraine Conflict
- Increased international travel proves a godsend for Florida tourism: Florida Tourism Breaks Visitor Records in First Three Months of 2014
- The city proving that saavy marketing makes a big difference: Visit Philly Touts Tourism’s $10 Billion Economic Impact in Annual Report
- Chinese tourists so important that they now come with their own police force: China Sends Police to Paris to Help Protect High-Spending Tourists
- European countries woo visitors outside of capital cities: How Netherlands Tourism Is Luring Visitors Out of Amsterdam