How Rio de Janeiro is Building the City of the Future Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top aviation trends.
For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Fight over low-fare flyers breaks out in Europe: Low-Cost Carrier Battle in Europe Grows as Ryanair Rivals Gain Strength
- Airlines consider whether hurting a brand is worth checked bag fee: JetBlue May Begin Charging for the First Checked Bag Next Year
- Most flyers use in-flight Wi-Fi, if it’s free: Nearly 80% of Passengers Use Free Wi-Fi on JetBlue’s Long-Haul Flights
- Flyers are being sold on products, sometimes without realizing it: How Airlines and Airports Will Use Tech to Boost Retail
- Airlines draw in flyers with low fares, then capitalize on them with fees: U.S. Airlines Trade Fare Increases for Add-On Fee
- Missing Malaysia flight sparks debate over passport diligence: Fewer Than 10 Countries Check Passports Against Database of Lost, Stolen Documents