The Rise of the Emerging Market Traveler Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Despite stalled growth in China, Brazil and Russia, a wave of newly middle-class travelers from the BRICs and beyond will start visiting international destinations in the coming decades — dwarfing the numbers we’ve seen thus far.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top aviation trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Airlines target flyers with personalized sales offers: Delta Invests in Nokia Phablets on Road to Personalized In-Flight Purchases
- Airlines target flyers with personalized sales offers: Airlines Plan to Make Money Serving Targeted Ads to Idle Flyers
- Mobile is at the heart of aviation’s tech evolution: Mobile Is at the Heart of Aviation’s Tech Evolution
- Mobile is at the heart of aviation’s tech evolution: The Real-Time Flight Updates Coming to Flyers’ Mobile Devices
- Airlines pour money into business class to attract frequent flyers: The Business Class Seat of Tomorrow Will Blow Your Mind, and Freak You Out a Bit
- Airlines rush to roll-out faster Wi-Fi on more planes: Almost One Third of United’s Planes Now Have Wi-Fi