Traveler Values and Communication Habits in a Post-App World Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Brands engage in real-time marketing during holidays and big events: 5 Travel Companies With Valentine’s Day Treats
- Brands can make viral videos on a budget by engaging customers: Skift Q&A: Google Insider Shares YouTube Tips for Travel Brands
- Hotels invest heavily in next-gen guest experiences: Starwood CEO Says Digital Efforts Will Lead to ’24/7 Dialog In and Out-of-Stay’
- Airlines improve in-flight entertainment to attract flyers: WestJet Will Rent Tablets For Wi-Fi To Passengers Who Don’t Have Them
- Airports adjusts regulations to make room for taxi-booking apps: Beijing Airport Considers New Rules to Accommodate Taxi-Booking Apps
- Cities make it easier for tourists to explore with Wi-Fi hotspots: 9 Cities That Make It Easy to Stay Connected
- TripAdvisor’s plans to continue acquiring startups: TripAdvisor Spent $34.8 Million on 6 Acquisitions in 2013
- Amtrak attracts riders with less security and better Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi Is Available to About 85% of Amtrak Riders Across the U.S.