The Rise of the Emerging Market Traveler Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Despite stalled growth in China, Brazil and Russia, a wave of newly middle-class travelers from the BRICs and beyond will start visiting international destinations in the coming decades — dwarfing the numbers we’ve seen thus far.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top hospitality trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Hotels try to avoid public scrutiny with confidential IPO filings: Additional Hotels May Follow La Quinta’s Lead With Confidential IPO Filings
- Majority of U.S. travelers don’t book on mobile: How Fast Are Consumers Really Moving to Same-Day Hotel Bookings?
- Hotels get more creative with digital marketing campaigns: Accor Has Pulled Off One of the More Impressive Hospitality Ad Stunts of the Year
- Hotel chains are trying to attract millennial travelers: Marriott Wants Moxy to Deliver the Millennial Customer, With Help From Ikea
- Hoteliers try to build a better space for business travelers: Is Crowdsourcing the Design for a Hotel Brilliant or Just a Gimmick?