How Rio de Janeiro is Building the City of the Future Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- There’s little competition for the best travel brand on Instagram: The Most Popular Tourism Photos on Instagram All Come From Australia
- Local transit tries to supply riders’ with branded content: Scottish Bus Service Streams Content Directly to Riders’ Devices with New App
- Travel brands tap into the power of the second screen: Travelocity’s Roaming Gnome Embarks on College Basketball Tour with ESPN
- Travel brands tap into the power of the second screen: Priceline Pokes Fun at Super Bowl Ads by Speeding Them Up on Vine
- Airports use current events to engage flyers in a playful way: Denver and Seattle Airports Talk Trash on Twitter Before Super Bowl Sunday
- Travel brands are pushing their own TripAdvisor reviews: Puerto Rico Tourism Campaign Looks to TripAdvisor to Build Trust
- Hotels aim to improve guest experience with new apps: Smartphones to Replace Room Keys at Some Starwood Hotels
- Hotels aim to improve guest experience with new apps: This App Is Like a Remote Control for Your Hotel’s Concierge