The Rise of the Emerging Market Traveler Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Despite stalled growth in China, Brazil and Russia, a wave of newly middle-class travelers from the BRICs and beyond will start visiting international destinations in the coming decades — dwarfing the numbers we’ve seen thus far.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top aviation trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- American flyers are bringing more guns to the airport: TSA Discovered a Record 1,813 Firearms at U.S. Airports in 2013
- U.S. airlines are having a rough start to winter: Winter Storms Cause Spike in U.S. Flight Cancellations
- Airlines battle for business flyers with fancy airport lounges: Airport Lounges Becoming Weapon of Choice in Airline Competition
- U.S. airports are in a rush to roll out billion-dollar upgrades: U.S. Airports Race to Complete Billion Dollar Upgrades
- U.S. airlines post strong 4Q results: U.S. Airlines Expected To Report Strong Quarterly Results
- U.S. airlines post strong 4Q results: Delta’s Q4 Revenue Ticks Upwards As Capacity Increases
- U.S. airlines post strong 4Q results: More Flyers and Higher Fares Boost United’s 4Q Profit to $140 Million
- U.S. airlines post strong 4Q results: Southwest Says Lower Fuel Costs, Higher Fares Boost 4Q Profits