The Rise of the Emerging Market Traveler Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Despite stalled growth in China, Brazil and Russia, a wave of newly middle-class travelers from the BRICs and beyond will start visiting international destinations in the coming decades — dwarfing the numbers we’ve seen thus far.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top tourism trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Relaxing visa rules drives tourism growth: Cuban Travel Jumps 35 Percent After Government Scraps Exit Visas
- Business travelers’ most expensed meals are fast food joints: Business Travelers Choose McDonald’s Over 5-Star Restaurants on the Road
- U.S. business travel spend is on the rise: U.S. Business Travel Spending To Rise More Than Previously Forecast
- Destinations tap local celebrities to promote place awareness: Visit London Celebrates Tourism Growth with Star-Studded Ad Campaign
- Destinations tap local celebrities to promote place awareness: Tennessee Tourism Taps Celebrity Musicians for 2014 Vacation Guide
- Destinations tap local celebrities to promote place awareness: Travel Ads Turnings U.S. Towns into World-Renowned Destinations