Skift Travel Megatrend for 2016: Smart Travel Agents Adopt the Concierge Mindset Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top digital trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- In-flight entertainment is evolving quickly: A Brief History of In-Flight Entertainment from Projectors to iPads
- Mobile payments coming to local transit in U.S. cities: The MTA Plans to Turn New Yorkers’ Smartphones into Subway Passes
- Mobile payments coming to local transit in U.S. cities: Chicago Transit Officials Test Smartphone Payments for Trains and Buses
- All modes of transport are introducing high-speed Wi-Fi: Channel Tunnel Gets Mobile Services From England To France
- All modes of transport are introducing high-speed Wi-Fi: Drivers Will Soon Have Access to High-Speed Wi-Fi in General Motors Cars
- Social media becoming airlines’ main customer service channel: How Airlines Are Using Social Media to Deal With This Week’s Weather
- Google introducing digital tools for hospitality industry: Google Invests in Digital Innovations for the Hotel Industry
- Mobile forces travel companies to rethink product strategy: Smartphones and Tablets Force Travelzoo to Rethink Its Business