The Rise of the Emerging Market Traveler Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Despite stalled growth in China, Brazil and Russia, a wave of newly middle-class travelers from the BRICs and beyond will start visiting international destinations in the coming decades — dwarfing the numbers we’ve seen thus far.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top tourism trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Countries drop visa rules to boost tourism: South Korea Anticipates Boom in Russian Visitors After Waiving Visa Regulations
- NYC’s new mayor brings changes to tourism leadership: New York City’s New Mayor Wants to Get Rid of Horse-Drawn Carriages in Central Park
- NYC’s new mayor brings changes to tourism leadership: Incoming NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio Names New Transportation Commissioner
- Destinations start paying attention to film tourism: Indian State Launches Bollywood Tours to Organize Film Set Visitors
- Destinations figure out how to handle drug tourism: Colorado Readies for Pot Tourism After Legal Sales Start on January 1
- Social media very real impact on tourism: Disney’s Giant Turkey Legs Are an Unexpected Instagram Hit