9 Aviation Trends We’re Tracking at Skift This Week
Betty White, Robert & Breone, in the new in-flight safety video by Air New Zealand.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends, and in these weekend posts we highlight the stories that tackle these trends. This one looks at top aviation trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Airlines continue with experimenting on seating: United Cutting Out Economy Plus Seats to Add More Rows in Coach Class
- Airlines continue with experimenting on seating: Lufthansa Eliminates First Class Cabins On One Third Of Long-Haul Flights
- Airlines continue with experimenting on seating: Chocolatier Partners with SeatGuru to Give Sweets to Flyers with Bad Seats
- In-flight innovations: Eco-Friendly Air France Tableware Design Turns Spoons Into Airplanes
- In-flight innovations: 17 Milestones in the History of Airlines’ In-Flight Meals
- In-flight tech: Aeroflot Plans on Allowing Flyers to Make Calls and Text Onboard in 2014
- In-flight health: The Healthy In-Flight Snack Boxes That Help Flyers Forget About First-Class
- Family travel: JetBlue Enables Points-Sharing For Families of All Shapes
- Funny is the new black, in airline videos: Air New Zealand Outdoes Itself With a New Betty White Safety Video