Skift Travel Megatrend for 2016: Smart Travel Agents Adopt the Concierge Mindset Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends. We’re now highlighting the posts that tackle these global trends pointing towards the future of travel. This one looks at top digital travel trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Social travel sharing trends: Skift Asks: What’s the Most Popular Way to Share Travel Photos?
- Social sharing hits business travel: Corporations Are Embracing a Private Form of Social Travel Sharing
- Social sharing hits business travel: Photo-Sharing App Has Head-Scratcher of an Investor
- Corporations going for creative campaigns to get social likes: Sandals Launches Playful Campaign to Gain 250,000 Facebook “Likes”
- Corporations going for creative campaigns to get social likes: Lufthansa’s #PilotDiary Campaign Offers a Peek Inside the Cockpit
- Open booking finally coming to the fore: TripIt Pro to Get Aggressive Ad Campaign to Jumpstart Open Booking
- Travel startups everywhere: 5 Travel Startups Adding Design and Intelligence to the Trip Planning Process
- Miles startups may have better days coming, finally: American Air’s Loyalty Program Returns to Tracking Sites After Bitter Absence
- Mobile booking of taxis: Are Uber, Hailo, and Other Taxi Apps Going After a Big Enough Market?
- Are online reviews headed for a shakeup?: Online Car Giant Sues Company Behind Thousands of Bogus User Reviews
- Everyone’s targeting millenials in digital: Marriott Targets Millennials With Mobile Game Xplor and Million Rewards Points
- Rethinking online travel booking: Can the Airline Website of the Future be Powered by Travel Inspiration?
- Better wi-fi speeds ahead: Airlines Work To Supply Better In-Flight Wi-Fi With Satellite Services
- Free wi-fi spreads in hotel industry: Accor Continues Free Wi-Fi Rollout Across All UK Hotels
- Continued rise of Priceline: Priceline’s Stock Now Almost $1000 a Share, Post Upbeat Earnings
- Continued rise of Priceline: Priceline’s Rentalcars.com Could Be the Next Big Thing