The Rise of the Emerging Market Traveler Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Despite stalled growth in China, Brazil and Russia, a wave of newly middle-class travelers from the BRICs and beyond will start visiting international destinations in the coming decades — dwarfing the numbers we’ve seen thus far.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends. We’re now highlighting the posts that tackle these global trends pointing towards the future of travel. This one looks at top global aviation trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Aviation x Food: The Long Life and Quick Demise of the Airline Peanut
- Aviation x Food: Airports Turn to Food Trucks to Showcase Local Cuisine
- Aviation x Food: Thai Airways Takes Catering Business to the Ground in Search of Greater Profits
- Improving airport operations: U.S. Airports Are the World’s Most Efficient, If You Add up the Right Things
- Passports and customs: Virgin Atlantic CEO: Customs Lines at New York Airports “Embarrassing”
- Battle of the UAE airports: Abu Dhabi Attempts to Keep Up with Dubai with Mega-Airport Project
- First class gets even better: The New Emirates’ Charter Jet for When First Class Isn’t Good Enough
- First class gets even better: Just How Much Do Those Fancy First-Class Seats Cost To Make?
- Seats driving revenue: JetBlue’s Quest to Go Upmarket Driving the New Lie-Flat Seats
- Seats driving revenue: JetBlue Cut Coach Legroom to Make Space for Its New First Class
- Seats driving revenue: Airlines Find Big Opportunities in Upselling Slightly Better Coach Seats
- Seats driving revenue: The Rather Half-Baked Idea to Sell Half an Airline Seat
- Battle of Loyalty points control: Updated: American Air’s Loyalty Program Returns to Tracking Sites After Bitter Absence
- TSA hate grows: TSA Expansion Outside of Airports Questioned and Criticized by Public
- TSA hate grows: Former TSA Head Hawley Argues Agency Must Improve Employee Motivation
- In-flight Wi-Fi: Airlines Work To Supply Better In-Flight Wi-Fi With Satellite Services
- In-Flight entertainment: Alaska Air Promises Power Plugs at Every Seat and Streaming Movies
- In-flight entertainment: Virgin Atlantic Introduces Live In-Flight Entertainment on Domestic UK Flights
- Disasters impact on air travel: The Serious Calculus Behind How Disasters Affect Worldwide Air Travel