Will Unbundled Amenities be the Future for Budget Hotels? Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends. We’re now highlighting the posts that tackle these global trends pointing towards the future of travel. This one looks at top global aviation trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Airline fees trends: In-Flight Meals Fastest Growing in Fees for Airlines
- Unbundling of fees: Virgin Atlantic Selling Upper Class Perks to Economy Passengers
- In-flight meals go upscale: Delta Cooks Up Celebrity Chefs Contest with Food & Wine magazine
- Airport healthy dining: Heathrow Taps Celebrity Chefs to Create First-Ever Dining Guide
- Digital-enabled rise of the self-apointed experts: The Rise of the #AvGeek
- Real-time marketing for airlines: Spirit Airlines Turns Anthony Weiner’s Sexting Scandal into a Sale, Again
- Airlines getting hip to social, even in financial information: Delta Live Tweets Its Q2 Earnings Announcement, Sort Of
- Forget rest, get high-paying cutomers flat first: US Airways’ Lie-Flat Seats are Transatlantic Travelers’ Biggest Concern
- Even Southwest will have to give into charging fees, eventually: What AirTran Is Teaching Southwest Airlines About Fees