The Rise of the Emerging Market Traveler Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Despite stalled growth in China, Brazil and Russia, a wave of newly middle-class travelers from the BRICs and beyond will start visiting international destinations in the coming decades — dwarfing the numbers we’ve seen thus far.
Every week we post hundreds of stories across various sectors in travel, connecting the dots across various global trends. We’re now highlighting the posts that tackle these global trends pointing towards the future of travel. This one looks at top hospitality trends. For all of our trends roundups, go here.
- Social media strategies: What a 19-Hotel Road Trip Looks Like on Social Media
- Social media strategies: As Facebook Growth Slows, Hoteliers Integrate Other Social Platforms in it
- Social media strategies: 5 Hotels Using Instagram’s New Videos to Show Off Their Products
- Hotel-tech: Hotels Are Becoming Another Venue for Apple Vs. Samsung Battle
- Hotel-tech: The Rise of Bring You Own Entertainment in Hotels
- Hotel-tech: How HotelTonight Manages Its Hotel Curation
- Startup concepts: Share a Hotel Room With a Stranger? New Site Pairs Guests for Hotel Discounts
- Customer care: Hotels Working to Keep Women Safer, Even When It Doesn’t Boost Bottom Line
- Customer care: Some Hotel stays Now Come with a Packed Lunch for the Plane Trip Home
- Hotel taxes: Should City Hotel Taxes Be Used for Anything other than promoting tourism?
- Hotel design: Donut-Shaped Hotel Opens in China Amidst Praise of Awesome Design
- Asian Expansion: Luxury Hotels Dominate Asian Market