Meet the new leaders of the new American Airlines
U.S. Airways President Scott Kirby will be the new president of the merged American Airlines. Yuri Gripas / Reuters
Management of the merged company would include executives from both airlines. Derek Kerr, current chief financial officer of US Airways, would assume that role at the combined company, which would be based in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, where AMR is now headquartered..
The merger is expected to close later this year, subject to various approvals.
The full new executive team
As already known, Tom Horton will serve as Chairman of the Board, while Doug Parker will serve as CEO. New names include:
- Scott Kirby, 45, President: responsibilities include planning, marketing, sales, alliances, pricing/yield management and operations
- Elise Eberwein, 48, Executive Vice President, People and Communications: responsible for human resources, media relations, internal communications, social media and public affairs
- Beverly Goulet, 58, Chief Integration Officer: will lead the complex integration process of merging American Airlines and US Airways into one airline
- Robert Isom, 49, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer of US Airways, Inc. post-close: responsible for all aspects of airline operations, including customer service, flight operations, maintenance, regional carrier management, cargo, safety and security
- Stephen Johnson, 56, Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs: responsibilities include corporate and legal affairs, government and regulatory affairs, labor relations, and real estate
- Derek Kerr, 48, Chief Financial Officer: responsible for oversight of all financial areas, including financial planning and analysis, corporate finance and treasury functions, purchasing, controller and audit functions and investor relations
- Maya Leibman, 47, Chief Information Officer: responsible for all information technology systems, including systems development, infrastructure, and planning
- William Ris, 65, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs: responsible for all federal and international government and regulatory affairs and public policy
Kirby, Eberwein, Isom, Johnson and Kerr will join the new American from US Airways; Goulet, Leibman and Ris will join from American.
American Airlines and US Airways also noted that Dan Garton will step down as President and Chief Executive Officer of American Eagle Airlines later this year. A successor will be named prior to Garton’s departure.
Reporting by Karen Jacobs in Atlanta. Editing by Gerald E. McCormick.
Copyright (2013) Thomson Reuters.