Destinations

World’s greatest restaurant gives 63 diners world’s best stomach virus

Mar 08, 2013 7:41 am

Skift Take

Considering how many restaurants end up giving diners food poisoning every day, it’s a bit unfair to call out Noma. But with great power comes great responsibility.

— Jason Clampet

Sponsored by:

Discover the Top Travel Brands on Social Media

paz.ca  / Flickr

Exterior of Noma restaurant in Copenhagen, Denmark. paz.ca / Flickr


More than 60 customers who dined at Noma, one of the world’s top restaurants, in Denmark say they got viral gastroenteritis from eating at the restaurant last month.

The local food authority says it ordered a cleanup and safer handling of food at Noma, which has two Michelin stars and is a three-time winner of the world’s top restaurant in S. Pellegrino World’s 50 Best Restaurants list.

The government agency said Friday it had investigated the restaurant in Copenhagen, after complaints from 63 customers who had eaten there during one week in February. It was not immediately clear what food had caused the infection.

Restaurant manager Peter Kreiner said they were trying to track the source of the infection.

The restaurant is widely known for cuisine that relies heavily on fresh, locally-sourced products.

Copyright (2013) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Tags: , ,

Next Up

More on Skift

Connecticut Tourism Sticks with “Still Revolutionary” Slogan for Summer Campaign
HomeAway’s First Quarter Profit Narrows as Paid Booking Model Ramps Up
Nearly 80% of Passengers Use Free Wi-Fi on JetBlue’s Long-Haul Flights
Why Personalized Data Matters to Boosting Your Bottom-Line

We're the Moneyball of the Travel Industry

We know what's coming next in travel. Subscribe to the newsletter and get all the goodness in your inbox daily.