Honestly we were expecting something a little more interesting from the people that live and breathe travel everyday, but their must-haves aren't very different from the average traveler, be it for business or leisure.
Travel industry CEOs and executives don’t travel all that differently than the average business traveler. Comfortable shoes are a priority to the president of Hotwire Group and the CEO of Momondo makes sure he’s ready to dress to impress after landing.
LinkedIn recently asked ten travel industry CEOs, executives, and writers to share their essential travel gadgets. Here’s what they responded when asked, “What do you never leave home without?”
1. Compression bags: Business travelers have to be a pro at consolidation to avoid baggage fees and the extra wait times on either end of a flight for checked bags. Ave Bradley, the VP of Design at Kimpton Hotel and Restaurants, recommends Spacepak.
2. Boxed shirts from the dry cleaners: CEO of Momondo Group Hugo Burge says, “This is a simple but transformative travel strategy that makes packing efficient and keeps you looking smart.”
3. Smartphone battery extender: A necessity for any business traveler that’s ever away from an outlet for more than a few hours.
5. Black pashmina: EasyJet executive Carolyn Pearson says she relies on the versatile pashimina to keep her warm on flights, at conferences, or out to dinner.
6. Fleece pullover: As the male equivalent of the pashima, this is another in-flight staple for business travelers that are on the go as soon as they land.
7. Brookstone outlet adapter: For charging your laptop, iPhone, and tablet anywhere from Brazil to Bangkok.
8. Slip-on shoes: President of the Hotwire Group Clem Bason says he wears TOMS whenever he’s not in a suit.
9. Sunscreen: Keep it under three ounces and leave a bottle in your carry-on bag so you’re always prepared for the weather or altitude.
10. Hand sanitizer: The easiest way to make friends with your seat mate during flue season.
Do you agree with this list? Share your travel must-haves in the comments below.