The Rise of Messaging Services Will Be the Death of Call Centers Sponsored This content is created collaboratively with one of our sponsors.
Mobile apps are another way for hotels to cater to visitors and eases guest confusion on how many points they have or where to use them.
Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts announced the release of the Android version of its smartphone application today. The free mobile app is available in English or Simplified Chinese and offers all the functionality of the luxury hotel group’s website, plus additional features such as location-based offers. The Android version follows the recent launch of the first-generation iPhone and iPad Shangri-La apps; a Blackberry version will be available shortly.
“Introducing an Android app was critical to our global mobile strategy. Our guests value connectivity and convenience, and many of Shangri-La’s 2.2 million Golden Circle loyalty programme members are Android users, particularly those in mainland China, where 33 of our 75 hotels are located,” said Wee Kee Ng, director of corporate loyalty and partner marketing of Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd.
“Guests can take full advantage of Shangri-La’s free Wi-Fi in all of the group’s hotels and use the mobile app to easily check hotel details and manage their Golden Circle membership account.”
Key features of Shangri-La’s mobile app include:
- Explore, book, view and edit room reservations at all Shangri-La, Traders and Kerry hotels and resorts
- View special promotions and receive location-based offers with GPS technology
- Enroll in Golden Circle quickly with just a few taps
- Manage a Golden Circle membership account and check Golden Circle (GC) Award Points balance
- Redeem points for complimentary stays plus dining and CHI, The Spa vouchers
- Get travel tips, read and share travel stories with Golden Circle members
- Integrate with popular social media platforms
- Connect to the nearest international toll-free numbers for 24/7 customer support using location-based GPS technology
- Retrieve offers and stories when visiting Shangri-La properties with the built-in QR code scanner
To celebrate the release of the Android app, existing Golden Circle members who download the Android app and log-in through 15 December 2012 will earn 200 GC Award Points.
Users who download the Shangri-La Mobile App and share suggestions on how they would like to earn or redeem GC Award Points will be eligible to receive 100 GC bonus points. They will also have the opportunity to win a three-night stay in an Executive Suite at any Shangri-La hotel or resort. Each week from now to 15 December 2012, an English and a Chinese language entry will be selected to win a three-night stay. The Shangri-La app can be downloaded from http://goldencircle.shangri-la.com/app and either the App Store or Google Play.
The Golden Circle Programme enables members to earn and accumulate points by staying at Shangri-La, Kerry and Traders hotels and resorts, dining at participating restaurants or enjoying spa treatments at CHI. These points may then be redeemed for complimentary room nights, upgrades, dining, spa privileges and airline miles. Golden Circle members may earn one GC Award Point for every US$1 or local currency equivalent spent. Rewards are available for as little as 500 GC Awards Points and members can share rewards with family members. For more information about the programme or to register as a member, visit www.goldencircle.shangri-la.com .
For any query with respect to this article or any other content requirement, please contact editor at email@example.com.