SkiftAds of the Week: TomTom, Orbitz, Newfoundland, Michigan, Hong Kong Hotel
TomTom takes the cake this week, the ad has been a big hit — at least as far as ads go — on YouTube
Second in our new weekly series showcasing the best TV/video ads coming out of the travel industry.
The first roundup from last week, in case you’re interested, is here. And if you want to send in any new ads you’re involved with or have seen, drop us a note through our contact page or send us a tweet at @skiftnews.
1) TomTom: The best ad of this week, for the new TomTom Navigation app, newly launched on Android.
2) Eaton Smart: Strange and addictive ad for a four-star Hong Kong hotel located at the heart of Kowloon peninsula.
3) Orbitz: Another one of those presidential elections theme-based spoof ads, this one for Orbitz Vacation Party Anthem:
4) Flamingo Casino in Las Vegas: Ad for promoting deals on Flamingo Las Vegas‘ website.
5) Newfoundland & Labrador tourism: Newfoundland & Labrador tourism ad, aimed to highlight the quirky nature of this rugged Canadian province.
6) Michigan tourism: Quirky and different, Pure Michigan radio ad, aimed at fishing enthusiasts:
7) Manhattan Regional Airport: Not Manhattan in NYC but Manhattan in Kansas, trying to attract more business travelers to use the regional airport instead of Kansas International Airport.
And for inspiration, check out this highly produced and effective ad from last month, for Port Macquarie Tourism in Australia, part of its “Come out of your shell” campaign series.